OB-GYNs located in Pembroke Pines, FL & Weston, FL
Whether you’re pregnant for the 1st time or the 5th, each pregnancy has its own challenges and unique needs. Let the health care professionals at Gemini OBGYN in Pembroke Pines and Weston, Florida, be your providers of quality, patient-first prenatal care. Call or request an appointment online today.
Prenatal Care Q & A
What is prenatal care?
Prenatal care is simply health care you receive while you’re pregnant, to ensure both you and your baby stay healthy. While your family doctor or general practitioner may provide good quality care during pregnancy, it’s not unusual to add an Ob/Gyn caregiver, such as Gemini OBGYN, to your team for the best in preventive care.
Prenatal care starts once you know you’re pregnant, or suspect that you may be. Early, regular care is important, and every checkup along the way has a purpose. Medical supervision improves your chances for a trouble-free pregnancy.
I’m already pregnant, so what should I be doing for myself and my baby?
If you haven’t started prenatal care, call Gemini OBGYN as soon as possible. Your doctor will assess both your health and your baby’s health, and will develop a care plan with you. This may include:
- Prenatal vitamins with folic acid, most important in the early stages of pregnancy, but necessary throughout
- A review of current medications, including over-the-counter and herbal products, in case any may put your pregnancy at risk
- A flu shot to help prevent illness during pregnancy
- A review of diet and lifestyle, including education about proper nutrition and baby-friendly activities such as moderate amounts of aerobic exercise
Gemini OBGYN has many resources to help support you through your pregnancy.
What happens during prenatal visits?
The initial prenatal visit is probably the most intense. Your doctor will:
- Ask about your health history including past pregnancies
- Ask about your family’s health history
- Perform a complete physical examination including pelvic exam and Pap smear
- Take blood and urine samples for testing
- Take blood pressure, height, and weight measurements
- Calculate your baby’s due date
- Answer your questions about your pregnancy
Later visits are typically shorter, barring any complications or health concerns, but the doctor will monitor the health of both you and your baby at each appointment.
Major Commercial Insurance Plans Accepted
At Gemini OBGYN, we accept most commercial insurances plans. Here is a short-list of just some of the most popular plans we accept. Please contact our office if you do not see your insurance provider listed.
Words from our patients
"The doctors and staff at Gemini made me and my husband feel very comfortable and were there to answer any questions or concerns we had. Overall my experience was great."
"All of the appointments were always on time and minimal wait. Highly recommended!"
"Dr. G has always been attentive and listens to my concerns and offers helpful suggestions to resolve my concerns."
"Dr. Todd Goldberg has always took the time to explain everything in detail and has always made me feel comfortable. The office staff is the best and family-oriented."
"Dr. Goldberg is the absolute best in providing excellent care in a comfortable environment. I have been seeing him for 17 years..."
"Everyone from the receptionist to the doctors. All are amazing and helping. Very friendly and knowledgeable."